Friday, May 15, 2009

CARPE DIEM

So I've been gone for a longggggggggg time. This semester was a pain in the ass...6 classes, 18 credits, working 20 hours a week, and Ubiquity. it was rough. I managed to get a 3.4 though so its all good. Im happy summer is finally knocking on my front door. Come in

So i have a story, its pretty fun.
My sister, Kaba is in la la land. She is not conventional but she is a beautiful person and I love her dearly. She is broke, and has to pay rent, gas for her car, food, and has about 7 or 8 tickets. Yea thats a problem. So we went to Wachovia to open her up a savings account. She gets 25.00 and I do too for referring her. We go in and start with the assistant. Black guy, prolly 5'10, 26 years old, light skinned, cute. We all get to talking while he is putting in her paperwork. He says, "do you have a job" she says nope, yall hiring!?" he was like i think so, whats your resume like, what do you have to offer?" she says "well.........hmmm...i've been living for 19 years." He bust out laughing and is like "ok here is a lesson on what NOT to say during an interview, dont do that again!" she was like" well I was a cashier for about a year but Im in school now" he was like like "whats your major?" She tells him Jazz Studies...he says "oh what do you want to do with that." And with a straight face she says "Nothing". He says NOTHING! and laughs and i smile and she says "yea nothing, I want to be a wife and a mother". He is like oh well I guess youre gonna have a rich husband. She says well yes he has to provide but if he cant I can work. He says "ok work doing what, what do u do?" She says "well, I sing, I dance on stilts-" He was like "WHAT, DANCE ON STILTS" She says yea Im a stilt dancer, oh and Im a storyteller too." By this time he is crackin up and he manages to ask, "WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TELL STORIES TO?" She says "anyone who listens!" The she said "I also plan to obtain a liscene in holistic health practice" He was like "ohhh ok so If I get sick u can give me some natural remedies so I feel better" She was like "YEA!" He was like "ok well good luck with that because I cant do any of that stuff" She was like "YES YOU CAN, YOU CAN DANCE ON STILTS AND TELL STORIES YOU JUST HAVENT CULTIVATED THOSE TALENTS. YOU CAN DO IT TOO" He was like "Naaaaa mannn but Im glad you have the enthusiasm to believe in yourself" Then he turned to me and said "So whats your story, you want to be a homemaker too???"

Yea, I have a job, Im on the right path but honestly this time next year I dont know where I will be. Maybe I'll go to NYU...Maybe I'll be a teacher for Teach For America...Maybe I'll be living in South Africa or Tanzania for a year...Maybe I'll have a good job...Maybe I'll have a shitty one. Fuck if I know.

Carpe Diem - Latin for "Live for the present"
Honestly the only thing that is, is the present and the only thing that was is the past, treat the future like it isnt even here, cuz its not..

No comments: