Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dear heart

Dear Heart
I know I've put you thru a lot. The next person who comes along will be worth it.

Long gone are the days where I put my heart on a sleeve and not a pedistal. No, Im not going through anything and no, my heart isnt broken…I'm just realizing the damage I've done to myself. I put myself last in many of my relationships and I have been comfortable with it. Not too comfortable where I take massive amounts of bullshit but comfortable enough where i take bullshit and excuse it. When I am in a relationship (whatever that word means) I put y all into it. Then it hits me that its over and just like that, its over. When love flies out the window, I dont go lookin to see where it went and when opportunity comes knocking on my door, I open it. So i never give myself enough time to heal or reflect…and the cycle continues. So this is a shout out to my heart for always having faith that I will get it right.


No comments: